It can barely be called a recipe, but it does make a quick and delicious tomato sauce. Use it on pizza, with pasta, or wherever you need a marinara-type sauce.
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, finely grated (preferred) or finely chopped
400 g tin of (organic) chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
Generous pinch of (coarse sea) salt
– Pour the oil into a small lidded saucepan and add the grated garlic. NOW heat the oil on a low heat, stirring every now and again until the garlic starts to sizzle but not brown.
– Add the tomatoes, herbs and salt and mix well.
– Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a boil, then turn heat down slightly.
– With the lid half on (to prevent splattering) simmer and thicken the sauce for about 10 minutes, stirring a few times.
– Using a (stick) blender, blitz the sauce until smooth.