This is my version of the loaded fries I ate at Vegan Heroes, a vegan fast food restaurant that I sincerely hope will survive the Corona crisis. Treat this recipe as a blueprint and add or leave out whatever you like.
Serves 2 (double, triple, etc, as needed)
For the sauce:
115 g plant yoghurt
2 tbsp/30 g heaped tbsp vegan mayonaise
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 onion powder
sriracha, to taste
pinch of salt
1 x 750 g bag of (oven) chips
Toppings, in the order I put them on the chips:
– 260 g (1 1/2 pack) of vegan gyros/shawarma
– sauce (hold some back to dollop over the top)
– 100 g sliced iceberg lettuce
– 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
– 1/4 a red cabbage, thinly sliced
– 4/5 tbsp of (homemade) vegan kimchi, chopped
– 3 spring onions, sliced
– 2 tbsp of shop-bought fried onions
– sliced jalapeños, to taste
– 1 tbsp sesame seeds
– Put the cooked fries on a large plate (or divide between two plates for indivual portions).
– Layer on the toppings.